When I'm 72... I want to still be discovering 1st's with this much excitement and gusto. I want to still be discovering life and making new friends. I want to thrive, embrace and always have a fresh outlook on life! This is such a lovely message, it brought tears to my eyes! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Watching These Two Older Women Fly For The First Time Is Pure Gold!!
By Jesus Diaz
One of the things I hate about today's world is that we take everything
for granted. We communicate through light and electricity, fly in metal
vehicles, and listen to music recorded decades ago through airwaves—yet
everyone is like "whatever." Which is why I love this video of two old
women flying for the first time.
The
action starts to ramp up at the 6 minute mark. Watch till the end,
because their emotions after the flight, while they are recounting the
experience, are pure gold.
I really
can't blame her for crying out of pure emotion. Just watching her own
reaction made me teary—but maybe I'm too much of a softie.
Or maybe not.
Maybe
we should all go around the world pondering the amazing wonders that
surround us and the science that makes them happen. Because it's all
freaking amazing, really.
The
fact that light appears when I turn on a lamp at my house is something
that still blows my mind if I really think about it. Electricity—perhaps
made by making some uranium explode to heat up water to move a turbine
that moves a dynamo (what the hell!)—travels for miles and miles until
it reaches this thingamajig that turns it into photons! Heck, I get
amazed at the fact that someone invented a mechanism for my door that is
opened by this key with a particular geometry. Or that I'm living
suspended in a structure several feet above the ground built at the
beginning of the last century! And I'm made out of these things called
cells that have evolved through a gazillion years!
I need a vacation.
Original article: SPLOID a new blog about awesome stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment